This guide will explain how to pay your suppliers quickly and easily in Ardex.
To make a payment to a Supplier in Ardex;
- Click Finance from the main navigation
- Click Payments
The following is required to make a payment;
- Date: The date you paid the supplier
- Bank: The account from which you will make the payment
- Supplier: The supplier of the product/service
- Type: Payment types include EFT, BPay, Debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard), Cheque or Cash
- Db. Code: Defaults to “Trade Creditors”. Only change this to “Creditors Loan Account” if you have no unpaid supplier invoice to apply the payment against.
- Amount: The amount paid to the supplier
- Tax: The Tax code defaults to “Non” and in almost all cases this will be correct. Remember that GST was already recorded on the supplier invoice
- Comment: Reason for payment, for example payment of phone bill due
- Applied: Click in the “Applied” column next to any supplier invoices that the payment relates to.
The following payment types are supported in Ardex;
- Credit card: AMEX, Mastercard, VISA, Diners
Important: GST paid to a supplier should only be recorded in your accounting system once.
GST is recorded when entering a supplier invoice, so do not record GST a second time (when paying a supplier). Leave Tax Code in Payments as Non (unless otherwise advised by your accountant).
For more information, consult the Ardex User Guide Accounts Payable in Ardex - Paying a Supplier (Pg. 12)