The Mare Served procedure allows for entry of a date and time of service (mating).
Important: The mare must be booked to a stallion for the current breeding season before the Mare Served procedure can be recorded.
The following information can be entered when recording the Mare Served procedure;
- Date *
- Mare name *
- Select the Mare Served procedure* (name may differ in your Ardex)
- Time of day when the mare was served *
- Record a third-party involved with the process
- Enter a Worksheet message
- The number of days (range) where advice will appear on a Worksheet (to schedule the next scan)
- Click Add to commit the procedure
There are also Message and Comments fields to record information about the mare, or anything related to the procedure.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields. The Charged By field will only appear if you use Ardex to run multiple business entities.
No other information is required, although it is common to set a worksheet reminder that a pregnancy scan will need to be done after a certain number of days.
Recording the Mare Served procedure creates a Service Details entry and a Breeding History entry on the horse record for the mare.