Ardex has an automated feature to streamline the submission of breeding information to the Stud Book.
The Stud Book Return feature is accessed in Ardex by clicking Reporting - Stud Book Return.
There is significant importance in maintaining proper horse breeding records with the Stud Book. The benefits of this feature is significant time savings, and a reduction in errors in form completion.
To begin with;
- Set the correct breeding season
- Click Validate
Ardex will indicate which stallions Stallions have not been assigned to a Country (a Stud Book requirement), and which have successful covers registered against them.
To assign a Country to a Stallion;
- Click Main
- Click Horses
- Search for the Stallion and double-click its name
- Select a Country
- Save / Update your changes
Next step is to address any validation issues, ensure breeding procedures are up-to-date, and verify number of Covers are accurate.
- Click Create the File
- Click View the File
- Briefly review the Stud Book Return data before sending
- Once you are satisfied with the covering results, click E-mail the File to send the breeding information to the Stud Book
Tip: Tick the box Send a Copy To and enter your e-mail address. This will provide you with a record of the Stud Book Return for your archives.
- The Stud Book file is in plain text format - the left column is the Stallion, the middle column is the Mare and the right column is the Date of Service (in numeric format).
- It is not recommended to edit this text file directly. Errors should be fixed in Ardex, and the file re-created via the Stud Book Return.
For more information about Stud Book Returns, refer to the Ardex Premier User Guide - Horse Breeding with Ardex (pg. 31)