Sending a Mail Merge from the Ardex Remote server involves extra steps, including creating the merge template and transferring it to the Ardex server.
- Open MS Word on your computer
- Create the Mail Merge message, including all text and images
- Save the file as a Word document (.docx) on your computer
We will need to locate this file later in this process, make sure to save it to a location you can remember (such as the Desktop).
The next section is to configure the Ardex Remote app. This is a once-off process;
- Open the Remote client and click Show Options
- Click the Local Resources tab
- Click More ... at the bottom
- Ensure Local Disk (C:) is ticked
- Click OK to close
- Connect to Ardex Remote
- Open Thunderbird (e-mail app). Note that Thunderbird is not your work/personal e-mail system
- Click Write and compose a short email - address it to your own e-mail address
- Click Attach
At this point we will attach the document from your computer to this e-mail;
- Click on Network, then open TS Client C << this is your computer
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the Word document. For example, to locate the file on the Desktop, click;
- Network - tsclient - \\tsclient\c - Users - [yourusername] - Desktop
- Click Send
- Click Sent and locate the message you just e-mailed to yourself
- Double click the attachment (at the bottom of the message) to open it in MS Word
- Click the Office button - Save As
- Name the file
- Save as Type: Web Page, Filtered
- Save to a location such as the Desktop
You have now created the Mail Merge template file, easy to access on the Ardex Remote Server
- Open Ardex and commence the Mail Merge process
- Import this file into your Mail Merge as the template
Your message is now ready to send. You can preview how the message will look by double-clicking a recipient which will show a preview of the message to send.
Tip: We recommend adding yourself as a recipient, or temporarily changing the e-mail address of a customer so you can preview the delivered message.